emailtwitterfacebook

March 12, 2012

Cheers! Pizza!!

Cheers! Pizza!!
 I couldn't wait to post this tonight!! I snagged an easy recipe from Weelicious.com for two-cheese pizza. I thought this was going to just be so-so (especially since my toddler doesn't really care for pizza - he only ever eats the crust!), but at least it would be a fast weeknight dinner, and hopefully M would eat some of it... Turns out both hubby and child went crazy for this recipe. Seriously crazy for it. Hubby even ate some of the pesto pieces after he proclaimed how much he was not even interested in tasting it.

Here is how easy this recipe is (we made a half batch):

2 pieces whole wheat Naan
1/2-3/4 c mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
2+ tbsp pesto
2+ marinara sauce
1/2 c leftover chicken, diced

Preheat oven to 450. Top 1 Naan with pesto, and the other with marinara. split chicken between two crusts. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan, and spread equally over crusts. Bake for 10 minutes. Cut into slices. Pair with halved cherry tomatoes and leftover steamed broccoli & cauliflower. DONE.

My toddler sang "piz-za!! piz-za!" on the way to the table. And then he ate it all. I did have to use my "cheers" technique to get some of the veggies going. This is where I ask if we can cheers x. Then we each load our forks with x, touch them together, say cheers! and then eat our bites.

And then he asked for seconds! "Mo-mo piz-za!"

No comments:

Post a Comment